Sunday, October 3, 2010

STAGE 4: FINAL DESIGN REVIEW (PART A)





Started to make my mock up model for the design review. I have made it in 1:1 scale, I found it easier working with the full size rather than 1:5. For the model I used the closest materials I could relate to my reclaimed materials I am wanting to use. I used cardboard (plywood), cardboard tubes (dowel rods), elastic bands (sponge rubber discs).

Power tools I used to create the holes was a "keybit"? which is a drill piece with a circular piece around it. I didn't have the exact size I will see whether the workshop will have a smaller bit.

Cardboard tubing was 600 long. The cardboard sides were not sturdy needed more thickness but this will be different when using a plywood material.

A few things regarding structure I will need to address such as the middle and sides part for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment